Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Harley Davidson Women's Sz 9.5 EU 41 Black Leather Upper Mid Calf Boots
- Lucchese Bootmaker Women's Rachel S5 Toe Mule Burgundy Calf Mules
- Marc Fisher LTD Tache Booties in Black. New in box
- New Five Ten bWomen's Maltese 5536 Falcon Black Size 7.5
- NIKE Flex Experience RN 5 Womens Running shoes Size 8R Grey Purple BRAND NEW
- Pin Up Couture Women's Olive 03 Foldable Flat Baby Pink Patent Slip-on shoes
- SAUCONY GUIDE ISO 2 WOMENS RUNNING SHOES SIZE 8 blueE SHADE S10464-41 BRAND NEW
- Skechers Women's Ultra Flex Statements Sneaker Black (Black White Bkw)
- Vintage Charles David Made in Spain, Mohogany, Tall Riding Boots, Roberta
- Women's Lancelle 3 Eye Ripstop Canvas trainers UK 5 EUR 38
- Renzi Italian Leather shoes New Sizes 6,7,8,9,10,11 Red
- Asics GEL NIMBUS 21 Men's 1011A172.001 Black Dark Grey Running shoes (2E)
- Asics Gel Nimbus 21 Running shoes Mens Gents Road Mesh Stamp
- Asics Gel Noosa TRI 11 T67Q 9090 Black Lace Up Mesh Running Trainers
- Asics Gel Phoenix 8 T6F2N9743 grey halfshoes
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with